This role has now been closed
Many visitors will know long term staff member Maria Stables-Page, Maria has decided to move in a new direction with her career and will shortly finish working at the Shorebird Centre, she’s assured us we’ll still see her around the centre from time to time and we wish her all the best with her new endeavours.
This does mean that a permanent part time role has become available at the Shorebird Centre. Details are below or for a full job description please contact Keith – firstname.lastname@example.org.
What does a small non-profit organisation look for in a staff member? A bit of everything really.
The shorebird centre is looking to employ a part time staff member (2-3 days a week) to assist the centre manager with the running of our information centre and shop. The basis of the role will involve
– dealing with visitors to the centre, including speaking to school and other groups, explaining shorebirds, their amazing migration and the natural history of the area.
– staffing the shop and taking primary responsibility for shop orders and stock.
– looking after people staying at the centre including cleaning and laundry
– ensuring that the centre is kept in reasonable state of cleanliness
– several hours maintenance on the centre grounds or at the bird roost each week
– replying to visitor calls and emails.
– working with volunteers and temporary staff
– maintaining a roster of volunteers and organising volunteers to cover periods when you or the manager are absent.
The role will suit someone with strong people skills and an interest in our natural environment. You’ll need to be practical and self-motivated as you will often be working on your own. You’ll have some quiet days so you’ll need to be the type of person who finds projects and just gets stuck in.
The Shorebird Centre is located on the shores of the Firth of Thames, about 7km south of Kaiaua.
If this sounds like something you might be interested in please contact email@example.com for a complete job description.